Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I LOVE HER, BUT SHE IS A CHAIN SMOKER, WHAT DO I DO?

Alex Arinze:

Pls umunne m ndi igbo. I have a girl friend named *** Uri Ifeoma. She is 4rm Abia. 300 level in pharmacy, UNN. She smokes very often but u see,very pretty, intelligent & caring.
When i confronted her, she told me that she can't stop it, starting 4rm her childhood days when she would sneak out 2 smoke ordinary paper. She disclosed that her dad smokes and she learnt that her grand dad was a chain smoker too. Infact, the last straw that broke the camel's back was when she told me that her 3 brothers smokes & one has graduated 2 smoking weed.

I asked about their last born, a girl too and she said'No' but that she's likely 2 imitate them. I equally asked about their mum but she said 'No' too. ''She won't smoke but will keep quiet & take it as a normal thing'' Uri told me. I asked about their general effort to stop it and she said thatthey go 4 counselling (both health & religious) but when the urge comes, they forgo the counsel.

My dear friends, the truth remains that i love URII dearly and wouldn't want to loose her but her characteristics and that of her family drives me away & sends shiver to my spines since i wouldn't want chain smokers as in-laws. Notwithstanding my closeness to them & their cheerfulness,this bad habit of theirs pose a problem.

So now, seeking ur invaluable contribution & advices; dear comrades, should i continue with the relationship & hope for change or should i do otherwise i.e cut it off?

#END

David Silva

0 comments:

Post a Comment